Saturday, February 13, 2010

k.d. lang sings Hallelujah (k.d lang sings VIDEO)









How can a recording career last for 25 years? Just ask k.d. lang. The singer, who’s known for her “soaring vocal range and mesmerizing delivery” is to release her first-ever retrospective album, entitled the Recollection, with 22 songs, music videos and live performances.

Way back in 1994, k.d. lang appeared as a surprise guest on Tony Bennett: MTV Unplugged. She was introduced as a singer who belongs to a league of singers who are “blessed with a destiny,” much like Billie Holiday, Edith Piaf, Hank Williams.

“The three that come to mind: Billie Holiday, Edith Piaf, Hank Williams. It goes beyond success. It becomes immortal. I really believe, the minute I heard this person sing, that this is one of the artists that will go up on the shelf with them,” Bennett said.

But how does k.d. lang keep her voice in shape? k.d. says it all started from her mom, who was so determined to give them music lessons to her children.

k.d. lang adds, “I don’t sing anything that hurts my voice. The way I eat, the way I sleep, what I drink. I mean, I don’t even like going to parties, because it’s too loud and I have to talk too loud. I’m not crazy. I’m not sleeping in an oxygen chamber or anything like that. I just try to live a really simple, natural life, because obviously, life has an impact on your voice.”

Read more: http://www.thedailyinquirer.net/k-d-lang-hallelujah/029418#ixzz0fQYFSwT9


(image & story from NPR.org)

Related posts:

1. Justin Timberlake Hope For Haiti: Sings “Hallelujah” Justin Timberlake performed Leonard Cohen’s “Hallelujah,” accompanied by Matt Morris...
2. Rosanne Cash sings her dad’s favorite songs Rosanne Cash, eldest daughter of late singer Johnny Cash, will...
3. Whitney Houston loses voice in GMA concert New York–Whitney Houston blew it. The singer was invited to...
4. Lisa Kudrow sings Smelly Cat once again Years after the famous Friends ended their top rating show,...
5. Kendra Wilkinson Pregnant Kendra Wilkinson and fiancé Hank Baskett are going to be...

Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.

Read more: http://www.thedailyinquirer.net/k-d-lang-hallelujah/029418#ixzz0fQYdDUrK
Thx for thedailyinquirer.net



No comments:

Post a Comment